is a technology company on a mission to build the world’s first entertainment super app – combining videos, social, games, and shopping in a delightfully gamified, thoroughly enjoyable single app experience. We do this today for the same reason we began with on day one: to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event – because it makes people happy.
What we are doing has never been done before, and like any innovator, we face challenges on a daily basis that require top minds in their fields to break through. So, we have been steadily building an international team defined by courageous ideation, relentless drive for impact, and meritocratic leadership. We are asking you now to envision yourself as a valued member of our winning team, on this inspiring mission.
We are currently looking for motivated Software Engineers specialised in iOS development to join our team. As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will become a part of the Games division, responsible for developing all the games featured in our app, including our flagship titles: Word Zen and Trivia Clash. We need a proactive, detail-oriented Engineer who can take ownership of their work, identify opportunities for improvement, and drive projects to completion.
So, if you're ready to make an enormous impact in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and see your fingerprints on a truly global product, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Making our product better, stronger, faster;
- Maintaining the integration of Unity games into our iOS app and ensuring high performance and stability of our games on iOS devices;
- Collaborating with Designers and Product Managers to continuously improve the user experience of our flagship games, Word Zen and Trivia Clash;
- Developing new features and improvements for our iOS app and games, and ensuring that they meet high standards for usability and performance;
- Identifying and addressing technical debt and other issues that impact the quality of our iOS app and games;
- Improving the infrastructure and tooling that supports our iOS app and games development, with a focus on continuous integration and delivery;
- Working collaboratively with other engineers to implement best practices, ensure high-quality code, and review the code of other team members;
- Staying up-to-date with the latest iOS and Unity development trends and technologies, and sharing your knowledge with the team.
What are we looking for?
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience);
- 5+ years of experience in iOS app development with a strong understanding of Swift programming language and UIKit or SwiftUI framework;
- Strong knowledge of MVVM architecture and reactive programming with Combine framework;
- Experience with networking protocols, such as HTTP, TCP, and UDP, and NSURLSession framework;
- Proficiency in Git version control system and collaborative software development;
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with designers, product managers, and other engineers;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively;
- Passion for mobile games and eagerness to learn and grow as a developer.
What skills will come in handy?
- Experience with integrating Unity games into iOS apps;
- Enough of a front-end eye to implement the designs that you and the design team build;
- App store distribution and beta testing;
- Experience building for other Apple platforms (Watch, etc);
- iOS development experience in Objective-C;
- Experience working within a geographically dispersed team;
- Demonstrated ability to expertly manage conflicting priorities;
- High-bandwidth, high-energy, competitive, and creative individual;
- Driven to outperform, dedicated to self-improvement.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Warsaw;
- Health Benefit Package (LuxMed);
- 20 Paid Time Off days, Public Holidays of Poland;
- Competitive salaries;
- An immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Drinks and fresh fruit;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Hybrid working model (3 days from the office and 2 days from home);
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!