Trueplay provides branded loyalty programs for the iGaming industry. We focus on creating a firm foundation for businesses to engage with their clients in innovative and effective ways.
Trueplay is dedicated to helping iGaming brands excel in customer engagement and build lasting relationships with their players. We create a unified, branded ecosystem that transforms their platforms into captivating gaming experiences. Leveraging innovative digital solutions, we aim to transcend traditional iGaming experiences and guide our partners toward lasting success.
Our vision centers on fostering player loyalty. We accomplish this by nurturing trust, delivering exceptional customer service, and crafting personalized, rewarding experiences within our comprehensive loyalty program. We empower iGaming brands to form deep connections with their players, turning their platforms into a unified, exciting game, and securing a competitive edge in the industry.
We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Client Relations to be responsible for overseeing the Client Relations Team and ensuring the successful management of client relations after an agreement has been signed. You will play a critical role in driving client satisfaction, maintaining strong partnerships, and achieving the organization’s business objectives.
This role closely cooperates with the Head of B2B Sales, PR & Communications, Product, and Engineering Teams to ensure the clients’ needs are met.
It is important for us that you have:
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Comfortable office in Warsaw, Poland (on-site/hybrid)
- Relocation package
- Working hours: from 9:00-11:00 CET (8 working hours)
- Paid vacation in the amount of 20 working days
- Paid sick leave in the amount of 14 working days
- Free daily catered lunch in the office
- Bottomless coffee, tea, soda available all the time
- Covered cost of office parking
- Training and development: the experience and assistance of our employees, assistance in professional adaptation throughout the probationary period
- Corporate events and entertainment
- Competitive compensation