ELEKS Information Development Office is looking for a Middle Information Developer in Poland.
- More than 3 years in the Information Development/Technical Communication/Technical Writing field
- Advanced or Proficiency English
- Ability to show the portfolio of documentation samples or perform the practical test task
- Extensive experience with producing various deliverables: user manuals, help systems, technical/operations manuals, API documentation, knowledge bases, video tutorials, etc.
- Extensive experience with professional tools like MadCap Flare or ATCS, Camtasia, or Storyline
- Experience starting documentation projects from scratch
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Initiative and proactive
- Understand the product requirements and identify the requirements for the publications to be developed with minor supervision of senior staff.
- Identify client’s writing style and write technical documentation that conforms to publication standards (Microsoft, Apple, Chicago) with minor supervision of senior staff.
- Estimate documentation development efforts and agree task deadlines with Project Manager or Head of IDO.
- Communicate the status of documentation tasks in progress to ensure timely delivery.
- Interview subject matter experts to obtain ongoing details on the projects.
- Create documentation templates for various document outputs.
- Write and edit interface and procedural documentation including user guides, installation guides, quick-reference guides, release notes, system configuration guides, and help systems.
- Create various types of video documentation under supervision of senior staff.
- Implement and support single-sourcing, structured authoring, and minimalism.
- Create documentation interactivity elements (index, hyperlinks, related topics, etc.).
- With minor supervision of senior staff, create context-sensitive help systems and cooperate with the development team to embed them into the product.
- Conduct peer reviews to aid in proofing documentation prior to distribution; ensure that documentation is consistent and meets style guide and branding requirements.
- Follow all stages of documentation development and provide high-quality results.
- Translate technical texts that require minor review and editing from senior staff.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of document outputs and formatting using HTML, XML, and CSS.
- Take active (or passive) part in competence development events of IDO.
- Take part in coaching and mentoring of the junior staff.
You can apply your CV here: https://jobs.lever.co/eleks
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package (https://careers.eleks.com/benefits/)
- Competence development
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 2000+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.