Effective date: September 01, 2022
DOU.EU is an online platform for IT professionals and people interested in IT. Service is committed to joining the professionals and developing the IT community within Europe.
DOU.EU (hereinafter “We” or “DOU” or “DOU administration”) is dedicated to protecting the privacy rights of our users (“users” or “you”).
About Data controller
DJINNI EUROPE OÜ (company registered and acting under the laws of Estonia (KRS 12887474, address Harjumaa, Tallinn linn, Pae tn 21, 11415) that owns or administers the Service, as identified therein, is the primary controller of your personal information provided to, collected by or for, the Service.
In compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we have appointed DJINNI EUROPE OÜ as our representative for GDPR purposes in the EU. Users residing in the EU may address questions relating to the way we collect, store, use and disclose their personal information either to DOU at the address identified below, or to our representative at the following address: Harjumaa, Tallinn linn, Pae tn 21, 11415.
You can contact us via email [email protected]
Use of the Service
You may use the Service as a registered user (“Member”) or as a guest user without registration and creation of the account (“Visitor”).
In order to become a Member you need to create an account.
Members may share their professional identities, engage with their network, exchange knowledge and professional insights, post and view relevant content, learn and develop skills, and find business and career opportunities.
Visitors may navigate through the Site and are able to view content and data on some of our Services. Visitors may view a limited scope of information in the Members’ profiles.
What kind of data do we collect?
We collect information about you in three ways: (1) information you provide us through our registration form or other web forms available on the Site; (2) through automated technologies; (3) from third-party sources.
The scope of information we collect depends on the way you use the Site - as a registered user (Member) or not (Visitor).
When you create an account and use the Site as a registered user, you may provide and we respectively collect the following data:
- Name and last name;
- Contact details, such as email address, social media handle and phone number;
- City and country of living or stay;
- Employment information such as company, occupation and position, employment and professional background etc;
- Information you provide about yourself in your Profile on the Site;
- Account login credentials, such as username and password, password hints and similar security information;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide us with, including information that you send to customer support and messages, appointment inquiries and other information that you wish us to share with our users, partners and others;
The above information composes your profile on the Site (“Profile”).
(!) You have choices about the information on your Profile, such as your education, work experience, skills, photo, city etc. You don’t have to provide additional information on your Profile; however, Profile information helps you to get more from our Services, including helping recruiters and business opportunities to find you. It’s your choice whether to add personal information on your Profile and to make that information public.
(!!) Please do not post or add to your Profile sensitive information that you would not want to be publicly available.
Information we collect automatically about your use of our Service or Attendance
Our Service may automatically collect information on how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device;
- usage data, such as the features you used, language preferences and other settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service;
- date of the account creation and the date of the last use of the Service;
- social networks you use for authorization;
- other account or event registration and Profile information.
When you use the Service as a Visitor, we may collect only the following data: computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device;v
Data collection from third-party sources
When you link your account on the Site with your account on the third-party platform (e.g. Google, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, GitHub), we may collect the data which the third-party platform shares with us or information which you made publicly available in your account.
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of third-party platforms that you use to log into your accounts to understand how those third parties use and disclose your information. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Purpose for the Data processing and use
We collect and process your Data in order to provide you with the access to all functions and features of the Service and give you the best possible experience using DOU.EU.
Our goal is to create and join the strong community of IT professionals and to become a comfortable and transparent platform where you can present yourself as a professional, follow the industry news and tendencies, express your creativity, communicate and cooperate with other users, find working or business opportunities etc.
The processing of your personal data as described in this Policy is essential to achieving this goal.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Help you connect with other professionals, find and be found for work and business opportunities, stay informed, get training and be more productive.
- Invite you to participate in user surveys as well as competitions, audience voting, and similar activities or promotions;
- Offer to you a customised content and other personalisation to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Allow you to respond to the relevant vacancies of employers;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Allow you to create and post comments, articles and other textual content;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices, and other information about our products, events and services, our affiliates and third parties, sponsors, media partners etc;
- Provide customer, technical, product and other support and help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Provide you with the access to the relevant events, networking, speaker sessions, presentations based on the preferences and interests you provide during your registration, your interactions on our websites, platforms, and at our events;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sharing of Your information
Sharing to the third party vendors
For the same purpose, we may share Your Personal Information with third party vendors located outside the EU, e.g. in the United States of America, Ukraine or other country.
In each case of such share we take all necessary legal, technical, organizational and managerial measures to ensure the protection of your personal data in compliance with the GDPR and highest standards of data protection.
We have concluded relevant data processing agreements and we control the compliance of the third party vendors with the GDPR and this Policy.
You have a right to request from us information about, including a copy of, the contractual safeguards DOU puts in place.
By accepting this Policy you entitle us for such sharing of your data.
Please note, that information which you disclose in your Profile, your posts and comments on the Site is publicly available to other users of the Site.
Sharing with the employers
When You use the Service “respond to the vacancion”, “submit the CV” or similar, you entitle us to share your Profile information and your CV with the Company who opened the relevant vacancy.
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this Service. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this Site. We use the information it gets from Google Analytics to understand Service usage and patterns and to improve its Service. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit a Service, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with other personal information.
Legal Grounds for Data Processing
When we collect any of your personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- where necessary in order to protect your or another person’s vital interests;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- as necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, enable our customers to comply with legal obligations, or fulfill our other legitimate interests as described in the “What kind of data do Collect”, “How We Use Your Information” and “Sharing of Your Information” clauses above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with access to the Service and for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
It means that we retain your data during all the time when you use the Service and 5 (five) more years after the day of your last activity or use of the Service.
As for user-generated content which is copyrightable (e.g. articles or other copyrightable works), we can retain your data related to the copyrighted content for the period which is necessary to comply with the copyright law.
You can ask us to delete all your personal data anytime.
We store your personal information on the servers located within the European Union or European Economic Area.
In order to ensure the integrity and protection of the data against accidental loss, destruction or damage we may store the backup copies of the databases on the servers and cloud storages located in the United States.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
We use encryption (HTTPS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You use the Service at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account.
Please ensure that your account credentials are known only to you. We recommend you to use a strong password for the access to your account. Look at tips on how to create a strong password from Google.
Links to other websites or applications
Policy regarding Minors
Generally, we direct our Services to adult, professional audiences, and we do not knowingly collect, solicit, or market personal information from children under 18 years old (or older, if required by applicable law), and do not wish to do so.
We reserve the right to request proof of age (for example, we may request your month and year of birth) or parental or legal guardian consent at any time, and we may block users if we suspect they are under the applicable age.
If we learn that a child under 18 years old is using the Services, we may block such use. If we become aware that personal information from a child has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you learn about any personal information we have collected from a child under the age of 18, please contact us immediately.
We encourage all parents, guardians, and others of the age of legal majority to instruct children to never give out their real names, addresses, or other personal information without permission when using the Internet.
Exercising of Your data subject rights
As a data subject, GDPR provides you with the following rights:
|Right of access||You may request and we will provide you the information on what kind of personal data we have about you and how we are using it|
|Right to rectification||You are able to maintain your personal information on the Site actual and rectify them in case of any changes|
|Right to erasure||You are able to delete your account and all your personal information from the Site or ask us to do so. To protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, we may maintain residual copies for a brief time period. But, if you delete your account, your information and content will be unrecoverable after that time.|
|Right to restriction of processing||You can request to restrict or stop processing of your data if certain grounds apply, mainly if there's some dispute about the lawfulness of the processing or the accuracy of the data.|
|Right to data portability||You may request and we will provide you with your personal data in a commonly readable format.|
|Right to object||You are to object, on grounds relating your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of GDPR|
|Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing||We do not use any automated decision making systems which may affect users' rights.|
In order to exercise your right, you may contact us via email [email protected]Usually we process such requests within 30 days.
When you request us to exercise any of your rights, we may ask you to provide us with additional information which allows us to identify you as an account owner in order to prevent unlawful actions with your personal data.
Changes to this Policy
Questions or concerns & contact details
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at DOU, please contact us at:
- Email: [email protected]
- Postal address: DJINNI EUROPE OÜ, Harjumaa, Tallinn linn, Pae tn 21, 11415
While we prefer that you contact us in case you have any issue or feel we do not respond adequately to your questions or concerns, please note that you have a right to lodge a complaint with your competent supervisory authority.