At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way — no matter how long or complex their journey.
We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global.
That is why we are the first global consultancy that does not have a headquarters location. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Milan, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other design, technology, and creative hubs around the world.
Our spirited and growing Star Crew takes great pride in working side-by-side with their counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic brands like Lufthansa, NTT Data, Paidy, Zeiss, Xerox, Panasonic, Walmart, Analog Devices, BMW Group, SAIC, NIO, Skin Analytics, Lotus and Dolby.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea and every great company shine. That’s why
we’re called Star.
We are looking for you!
This is a unique role that would let you experience all the aspects of the consultancy business. You will communicate with potential clients directly and get to know how their business works, get insights into the challenges they face and apply your tech skills to building software solutions in close cooperation with our commercial teams.
You’ll have an amazing opportunity to receive a diverse experience by working as an HMI subject matter expert with our Automotive & Mobility industry team, our globally distributed metro teams, delivery organization, and Star’s clients.
You will also have the opportunity to shape the company’s capabilities development strategy and execute on it as the Team Leader and later, Technology Director.
Skills and experience you can bring to this role!
Qualifications and experience:
- 7+ years of IT experience mainly in the area of Solution Architecture with a focus on emerging HMI technologies;
- Experience in delivering HMI projects for Automotive clients (OEMs, Tier 1/2s);
- Experience in developing HMI for Linux, QNX, and/or Android;
- Experience developing user interfaces with HMI UI toolkits (QT/QML, Kanzi UI, Altia or others);
- An ability to define high-level software and system architectures for HMI solutions;
- 2+ years experience participating in the presales process including proposals preparation, architecture documents creation, estimates;
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills;
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic thought process;
- Excellent communication skills in English. The ability to lead business and technology discussions directly with Star’s commercial teams as well as with clients and prospective clients.
- 5+ years experience working with C/C++ and Embedded systems development;
- Exposure to latest HMI technology architectures, 3D Engines;
- Proven track record of delivering production-ready HMIs;
- Working knowledge of Display/Graphics sharing with VMs over a Hypervisor setup;
- Experience in working with distributed, international development teams;
- Experience participating in & leading R&D activities.
What impact you’ll make:
- Participation in prospective client meetings as a subject matter expert on Star’s HMI solutions for Automotive, presenting Star’s technology offering;
- Take part in client and prospective client workshops. Investigate client requests and problems. Analyze options and propose solutions;
- Active contribution to technology research and proposals preparation during presales;
- Contribution to the evolution of Star’s HMI offering for the Automotive & Mobility industry;
- Architecture definition and hands-on contribution on the early stages of software development projects;
- Playing an active role in developing internal R&D initiatives.
What you’ll get
Regardless of your position or role, we have in place a wide array of benefits including flexible working (hybrid/remote models) and generous time off policies (unlimited vacations, sick and parental leaves) to make it easier for all people to thrive and succeed at Star. On top of that, we offer an extensive rewarding and compensation package, intellectually and creatively stimulating space, health insurance and some more.
Your holistic wellbeing is central at Star. You'll join a warm and vibrant multinational environment filled with impactful projects, career development opportunities, mentorship and training programs, fun sports activities, workshops, networking and outdoor meet-ups.
Who we are
We champion empathetic and passionate craftspeople who make the world a better place with high-caliber ideas and products. Our growing Star Crew takes immense pride in working side by side with the world's most disruptive "unicorn" startups and iconic global brands.
Star is an equal opportunity employer. We believe That equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.