At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way — no matter how long or complex their journey.
We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global.
That is why we are the first global consultancy that does not have a headquarters location. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Milan, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other design, technology, and creative hubs around the world.
Our spirited and growing Star Crew takes great pride in working side-by-side with their counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic brands like Lufthansa, NTT Data, Paidy, Zeiss, Xerox, Panasonic, Walmart, Analog Devices, BMW Group, SAIC, NIO, Skin Analytics, Lotus and Dolby.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you!
DevOps is the practice of software operation and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support. DevOps brings a fundamental change in collaboration — recognizing that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: the delivery team. Collaboration with the NOC team is also expected: monitoring the production environment, responding to anomalous events and supporting application-related problems. The working environment is intensive and demands working in 24/7 shifts.
We care about simplicity. We believe in the Agile Manifesto, which is about finding better ways of software development. Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuration management systems, deployment automation and much, much more. “Co-creation” is an appropriate term to describe what we’re all about. Join us and get involved!
Skills and experience you can bring to this role!
Qualifications and experience:
- Upper intermediate level of English;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience);
- A thorough and applicable understanding of Linux operating systems (storage, network, process management) and network protocols/technologies;
- Software lifecycle management experience;
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing);
- Version Control Systems (Git, SVN, etc.);
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Ruby, etc.);
- Troubleshooting skills in system performance and network connectivity;
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus, ELK stack, Graphite, Grafana, etc.);
- Understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.);
- Some experience in managing Cloud environments (AWS);
- Infrastructure as a code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.);
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus, ELK stack, Graphite, Grafana, etc.); and
- RDMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
What impact you’ll make
- Be part of a NOC team to support the environments of different projects, which will include 24/7 shifts;
- Close communication with the development teams;
- Cloud resources management automation and cost optimisation;
- Define and support CI/CD pipelines as a part of the total automation framework for test environments;
- Implementation of centralised observability systems (logging, monitoring&alerting, tracing).
What you’ll get
Regardless of your position or role, we have in place a wide array of benefits including flexible working (hybrid/remote models) and generous time off policies (unlimited vacations, sick and parental leaves) to make it easier for all people to thrive and succeed at Star. On top of that, we offer an extensive rewarding and compensation package, intellectually and creatively stimulating space, health insurance and some more.
Your holistic wellbeing is central at Star. You'll join a warm and vibrant multinational environment filled with impactful projects, career development opportunities, mentorship and training programs, fun sports activities, workshops, networking and outdoor meet-ups.
Who we are
We champion empathetic and passionate craftspeople who make the world a better place with high-caliber ideas and products. Our growing Star Crew takes immense pride in working side by side with the world's most disruptive "unicorn" startups and iconic global brands.
Star is an equal opportunity employer. We believe That equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.