is a technology company on a mission to build the world’s first entertainment super app – combining videos, social, games, and shopping in a delightfully gamified, thoroughly enjoyable single app experience. We do this today for the same reason we began with on day one: to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event – because it makes people happy.
What we are doing has never been done before, and like any innovator, we face challenges on a daily basis that require top minds in their fields to break through. So, we have been steadily building an international team defined by courageous ideation, relentless drive for impact, and meritocratic leadership. We are asking you now to envision yourself as a valued member of our winning team, on this inspiring mission.
We have recently expanded our operation to Warsaw and now we’re looking for a determined and capable General Manager to join our team. You will help direct and manage our organization's business activities, as well as develop and implement effective business strategies.
What will you be doing?
- Coordinating the company’s daily operations and the execution thereof;
- Managing relationships with partners, vendors, landlords, subcontractors, etc.;
- Establishing rules and procedures according to international standards and best practices;
- Leading employees and reinforcing our company's dedication to excellence;
- Continuously improving organizational processes;
- Monitoring build costs and project progress;
- Maintaining quality control checks;
- Planning and providing resource allocation and budgeting.
What are we looking for?
- Upper Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- 5+ years of site management / operations management / general management experience;
- A proven track record of business success in leadership roles;
- The ability to set clear and unambiguous goals;
- An excellent knowledge of management lifecycle;
- Passion for best practices, re-use, knowledge sharing;
- A results-oriented, first principles approach to problem-solving and employee management;
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
What skills will come in handy?
- A deep understanding of business functions such as HR, finance, marketing etc;
- Experience in the IT/software development industry or as a delivery/project manager in software or game development;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development;
- Experience in working with budgets, making financial decisions, and fundraising will be a plus;
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Warsaw;
- Health Benefit Package (LuxMed);
- 20 Paid Time Off days, Public Holidays of Poland;
- Competitive salaries;
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Drinks and fresh fruit;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!