is a technology company on a mission to build the world’s first entertainment super app – combining videos, social, games, and shopping in a delightfully gamified, thoroughly enjoyable single app experience. We do this today for the same reason we began with on day one: to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event – because it makes people happy.
What we are doing has never been done before, and like any innovator, we face challenges on a daily basis that require top minds in their fields to break through. So, we have been steadily building an international team defined by courageous ideation, relentless drive for impact, and meritocratic leadership. We are asking you now to envision yourself as a valued member of our winning team, on this inspiring mission.
We're now looking for an experienced QA Team Lead to deliver on our very lofty goals. We need engineers with industry-defining talent and an unrestrained drive to deliver flawless results. This role offers tremendous opportunities to build a highly scalable, highly stable, easily-maintainable back-end architecture; to push the boundaries of fault-tolerant programming; and to work with a broad range of public and proprietary APIs.
What will you be doing?
- Managing the QA development team(-s) and directs their activities so that the project is run within the constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and resources;
- Delivering projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently;
- Accelerating team performance by providing thoughtful feedback, technical mentorship, and setting goals and expectations;
- Collaborating across teams to build and align strategies, translating them into plans and timelines, and facilitating partnerships between engineering teams and other teams/departments to execute them;
- Writing checklists and test cases;
- Manual testing;
- Communication with developers;
- Requirements clarifications with stakeholders;
- Bug reporting/tracking;
- Scrum ceremonies (stand-ups, plannings etc.).
What are we looking for?
- 1+ years of experience as QA Lead;
- 5+ years of commercial experience;
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- Experience with different types of manual testing: WEB, API (Postman, Swagger), Mobile (iOS, Android, Native mobile apps), Cross browser;
- Ability to setup automation from scratch for UI/BE/Mobile;
- Understanding of SDLC;
- Understanding of test strategies;
- Experience in writing test plans / Test Design Techniques;
- Understanding of different testing methods and levels;
- Ability to work by scrum and/or Kanban methodologies;
- Experience in setting up an efficient testing and release process for different products layers;
- Ability to track and monitor quality;
- Skills in introducing new tool(s) for a team/company;
- At least theoretical understanding of how to introduce automation on different testing layers;
- Experience in performance and basics of security testing.
What skills come in handy?
- ISTQB certifications;
- Test Automation experience;
- Experience working with Zephir Jira plugin;
- Experience working within a geographically dispersed team;
- High-bandwidth, high-energy, competitive, and creative individual;
- Driven to outperform; dedicated to self-improvement.
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Warsaw;
- Health Benefit Package (LuxMed);
- 20 Paid Time Off days, Public Holidays of Poland;
- Competitive salaries;
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Drinks and fresh fruit;
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!