Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is one of the world leaders in software and hardware for retail automation. A toolkit is being developed for the Cashierless Store concept, similar to what was done in Amazon Go.
Frictionless retail is an emerging trend for brands. As the name suggests, it’s all about removing barriers in front of the customer. In general, it is centered around checkouts without cashiers and humanless interaction. However Frictionless is more broad than a simple self-checkout. Top retails brands are leveraging staff with mobile devices to either pre-scan a customers cart, speeding up the process, or remotely check customers out without needing to pass by an actual register terminal.
To solve the problem, we use AI/ML technologies, including Computer Vision.
- Hands on testing experience in embedded and/or mobile systems
- Understanding of software QA processes and methodologies/tools
- Should be able to write & maintain functional and non-functional test cases & system level test cases
- Should have a thorough understanding of STLC/Bug-life cycle with hands-on experience in using Test Management tools, Bug-tracking tool, reviewing QA documentation such as Test-cases, Test-plan, Traceability matrix, Test-coverage extent, automated test-scripts etc.
- Basic Python knowledge
- Should be comfortable working in both manual and automated Testing tasks.
Nice to have requirements
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Computer Vision systems
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- The ability to execute existing queries as well as write search queries of varying complexity