Waverley Software company is looking for an experienced Global IT Director to oversee all IT functions (compliance and security aspects are included). You will be in charge of a team of IT specialists from the company’s different locations (USA, EU, Ukraine, LatAm, Vietnam) and manage the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
Our ideal candidate is very knowledgeable in IT and computer systems. Has a solid technical background and is able to manage and motivate people in multicultural environment. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing and implementing highly effective IT systems and policies that will help company’s objectives and ensure reliable, secure, high performing and cost effective ITOps.
The main goal is to ensure that global IT systems and team are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company.
- Oversee Global IT infrastructure and evaluate it according to established goals
- Develop and establish ITOps systems and policies to support the implementation of strategies set by top management
- Analyze the business requirements of all the departments to determine their technology needs and include the solution into the ITOps canva of the whole company.
- Analyze and recommend efficient and cost-effective equipment and software
- Review existing approaches and make a conclusion about their efficiency for our business needs, plan and implement the needed improvements
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems, create recommendations of improvements and report to top management
- Take care of compliance aspects (e.g. GDPR)
- Drive company’s certifications (e.g. ISO 27001)
- Coordinate IT managers in different locations (USA, EU, Ukraine, LatAm, Vietnam)
- Budget control
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role for more than 2 years
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Solid understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, GDPR, etc.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities