GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Senior Ruby on Rails + JS Engineer to join our engineering team.
Our client delivers personalized experiences, cross-channel messaging and loyalty programs that add value to customer relationships. The product enables marketers to rapidly scale and meet the demands of the modern consumer. Marketers can easily deploy targeted and triggered cross-channel campaigns, compile data from multiple sources, and strategically promote desired customer behaviors – effectively increasing revenue and enhancing customer experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 6+ years experience in software engineering
- 4+ Ruby on Rails proficiency in a scaled production environment
- Advanced relational DB experience with MySQL (or similar RDBMS)
- Experience with NoSQL solutions like Redis
- Experience in building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience in unit testing (RSpec)
- Knowledge of software development methodology, patterns, and best practices
- Experience in driving projects, reviewing code, and mentoring junior developers
- Have gone through performance challenges of a production application
- Have an understanding of scalability bottlenecks in Rails applications
- Experience in messaging queues, background jobs, and/or event streaming frameworks (Kafka/Resque/Sidekiq)
- English – intermediate. Direct communication with the client.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with other programming languages like Java and/or Groovy
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines, AWS, and cloud infra e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Hadoop components such as HBase, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Storm
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing, and associated trade-offs
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
The Engineer will work on an industry-leading Loyalty Program management solution that processes and analyzes billions of transactions per day on an Apache Hadoop, MySQL, and Ruby on Rails platform hosted on AWS. The platform allows marketers with best-in-class tools to design, create, and execute, data-driven promotions, offers, and real-time interactions that help engage and build lifelong, profitable, loyal customers.
- Translate business requirements into specifications and detailed designs
- Develop, build, test, and support customer’s Loyalty server components, such as APIs, database and business logic, and web-based UI
- Ensure unit and automated tests are in place
- Integrate with third-party solutions and APIs
- Perform benchmarks and tuning for high throughput
- Deliver technical documentation for customers and partners
- Work closely with PM, QA, SRE, and customer success teams
- Participate in regular code reviews, often in a mentorship role
- Make recommendations to refine and improve our engineering practices
What Do We Offer?
We create an environment where everyone can fully realize their talents, freely share knowledge and experience, and create truly important things. Happy people create revolutionary products. We believe that we are able to change the world for the better — and we, as a company, help our specialists grow and be truly happy!
Keep the balance. Work-life balance!
You will have the opportunity to choose where you want to work – at a comfortable office or at home. The choice is not limited to “where”, but also “when” - all of that because of flexible working hours. We will help you to ensure your work-life balance.
Support of health and sports activities
We care about the health of all specialists. Every employee can take advantage of the following:
Private medical care – your well-being is crucial to us. You can choose one of many options, including the one which takes care of your loved ones.
Multikafeteria platform – this feature allows you to use sports facilities cards, attend cultural events or buy sports equipment or books. You choose from a vast variety of possibilities.
Life and travel insurance – our partners provide our consultants with a special group life insurance package.
We encourage you to discover a brand-new experience. GlobalLogic's offices in EMEA regions will meet you with maximum hospitality and the same corporate culture, processes, and possibilities.
Learning and professional growth!
You’ll collaborate with — and learn from — award-winning designers and engineers through customer projects, hackathons, meetups, and more. Listen to the top speakers or be one of them — it’s up to you!
Create more than just a code. Make an impact beyond the code!
In today's world, software engineers create a better future for people and the planet. GlobalLogic’s experts are contributing to this world right now in various projects: from automotive to healthcare!
Sustainability and Social Responsibility
We positively impact our communities by supporting education and the environment and developing women in tech and the arts. For example, learn more about our EcoHike
— a special app that makes the world cleaner! Not only our engineers, but tourists, eco-activists, and hiking fans are using it regularly to keep our nature clean and vital.
Realize all your ideas within our internal tech clubs and groups. Feel free to find new friends, boost your skills, and grow professionally!