is a technology company on a mission to build the world’s first entertainment super app – combining videos, social, games, and shopping in a delightfully gamified, thoroughly enjoyable single app experience. We do this today for the same reason we began with on day one: to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event – because it makes people happy.
What we are doing has never been done before, and like any innovator, we face challenges on a daily basis that require top minds in their fields to break through. So, we have been steadily building an international team defined by courageous ideation, relentless drive for impact, and meritocratic leadership. We are asking you now to envision yourself as a valued member of our winning team, on this inspiring mission.
We are currently looking for motivated software engineers specialized in Python development to join our team and deliver results without needing constant supervision, with ability to achieve goals under time pressure, capable of proactive and productive communication with other teams involved in development of a particular feature.
So, if you're ready to make an enormous impact in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and see your fingerprints on a truly global product, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Making our product better, stronger, faster;
- Implementing and optimizing BE endpoints;
- Communication and coordination of work other teams (Java, DS);
- Investigating issues;
- Integrating DS components into our services.
What we are looking for?
- BS or higher in computer science or a related field;
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- 5+ years of experience in software development;
- 4+ years of experience with Python;
- Ability to deliver decent quality results within strict deadlines when required (can describe similar experiences in the past);
- Experience in leading development of a large feature or creating architecture of a large feature or a project (can provide examples);
- Experience with AWS (preferable) or other major cloud services provider (GCP, Azure);
- Experience in directly working with relational databases, not just through ORM;
- Experience with async Python.
What skills will come in handy?
- Experience with DS tools (Pandas, Matplotlib);
- Experience with big data frameworks (Spark, Hadoop);
- Understanding of basic Machine Learning techniques;
- Knowledge of Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, and Numerical methods.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Warsaw;
- Health Benefit Package (LuxMed);
- 20 Paid Time Off days, Public Holidays of Poland;
- Competitive salaries;
- An immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Drinks and fresh fruit;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Hybrid working model (3 days from the office and 2 days from home);
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!