Our client creates AI-based technologies for the medical industry. One of their developments makes clinical research simpler.
The challenge facing the company is to expand its web application for hospitals and research organizations. The project is based on Agile processes.
The project team consists of up to 10 people.
We’re looking for a Backend/Data Engineer who is hands-on build/test/manage data pipeline written in Scala.
Scala, Cats, Akka (Actors, Streams, HTTP), Slick, json4s, ScalaTest and ScalaCheck, Kubernetes, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Kafka.
- Extending/Managing the pipeline implementation
- Troubleshoot/fix issues on the pipeline services
- Analyze and improve the performance of the pipeline
- Participating in the full development life-cycle of a software product
- Write clean code, take pride in your work, and value simplicity, testing, and productivity as part of your daily routine
- Embrace new languages and frameworks, containers, and cloud
- Explore the inner workings of the tools and libraries you use to understand how they work
- 3+ years of software development experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Scala library Cats
- Good experience and deep understanding of Scala programming language
- Experience with testing frameworks such as ScalaTest and ScalaCheck
- Must have experience with Scala libraries such as Akka (Actor, Streaming, HTTP, Alphaka, Kafka), Slick, json4s
- SOLID and software development best practices knowledge
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Good spoken English
Nice to have
- Nice to have working experience in Kubernetes, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Kafka
• Professional Development:
— Experienced colleagues who are ready to share knowledge;
— The ability to switch projects, technology stacks, try yourself in different roles;
— More than 150 workplaces for advanced training;
— Study and practice of English: courses and communication with colleagues and clients from different countries;
— Support of speakers who make presentations at conferences and meetings of technology communities.
• The ability to focus on your work: a lack of bureaucracy and micromanagement, and convenient corporate services;
• Friendly atmosphere, concern for the comfort of specialists;
• Flexible schedule (there are core mandatory hours), the ability to work remotely upon agreement with colleagues.