Who are we? 👋
Swivl is a worldwide leader in video observation technology, currently in more than 50,000 schools across the globe. The company helps to create a culture of support in education and focuses on SaaS, Video, Education, and Robotics. Swivl produces a range of products and services for video recording, remote learning, professional development, they also actively support peer technology, voice based learning and coaching with Synth.
In the last 10 years company grew exponentially and now has offices in 3 countries - in Menlo Park CA (US), Warsaw (Poland) and Kyiv (Ukraine). There are around 80 employees in Europe (Project and Product Managers, QAs, Designers, developers, Devops, Product Experts, etc.) and about 120 employees overall.
Who are we looking for?
A Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our growing team in Poland. Our flagship product is the Swivl Robot, a device that enables teachers and educators to capture video and audio recordings of their lessons, presentations, and other educational content. Reflectivity + Robot are secure and easy solutions for teachers to record or live stream videos for coaching, self-reflection, and hybrid learning. 🧠 💻
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development (knowledge of Linux kernel development, embedded images creation and modification, low level communication protocols, bootloaders);
- Excellent knowledge of C/С++ language and experience in development for ARM64;
- Embedded software architecture design experience; understanding of various embedded OSes and driver frameworks;
- Experience with Git;
- English — Upper Intermediate/Advanced — this point is a must, since part of our team is located in US.
Nice to have:
- Experience with video and audio pipeline handling (video processing, streaming, encoding/decoding);
- Experience with advanced video processing algorithms;
- Experience working with OpenCV;
- Experience with Android low level layers;
- Knowledge how to use basic electronics measurement equipment.
You will be responsible for delivering software low level layer for Android based embedded devices. That includes ensuring all the interfaces and glue logic to the upper layers, working boot process and OTA. There will be, as for the prototype phase, a lot of fixing and mysterious debugging, working with external vendors, or even admitting that they’re right! Quality and documentation is also a big thing for us, so you will have to be sure that your work meets (and exceeds) expectations of our customers. 👨💻 There might be the case when soldering iron in your hand would make things easier, but it’s not something we expect, rather a nice addition. We’re working in small groups, syncing on a daily basis, so you’ll never walk alone, but creative thinking and ability to create and follow a roadmap for your work will be highly appreciated.
What can we offer you 💡 :
- A well-established system for transferring experience and active use of engineering practices (Code Review, etc); 💻
- Opportunity to influence the software development process;
- Working with a highly professional team who has a large experience in developing;
- Flexible management and working hours; ⏱️
- Continuous professional development (free internal and external professional training);
- Professional growth with a mentor from our team; 🤝
- Good compensation package: gym, English courses, training budget, paid vacation 🌴 and sick leave.
Recruitment Process ➡️:
The recruitment process contains 3 stages:
- Technical interview;
- HR interview;
- Final interview.
The process should end within two week. We value transparency and communication, so we always provide feedback. 🤝