GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Android Engineer to join our engineering team.
Our client focuses on complex patients, initially targeting respiratory conditions such as COPD and asthma. The relationship-based clinical service delivers continuous, proactive care by combining best-in-class remote monitoring technology with proprietary biomarkers, deep clinical expertise, and data-driven infrastructure. Client’s care teams are designed to work in close collaboration with a partner’s existing care infrastructure to utilize Client’s technology and data to personalize the care of each member.
Client’s patient-centric approach also underlies its clinical trials solution. By bringing the trial to the patient’s home, our client can dramatically improve their experience, reducing the burden for both patients and study sites.
Where you’ll see your impact
You will be responsible for building cutting-edge and highly scalable Android apps from the ground up. This role is extremely demanding and crucial to the success of the company.
Furthermore, you will need to work very closely with designers to shape the product roadmap and the long-term vision of the product from a technical standpoint.
We are looking for someone who wants to transform and simplify healthcare; someone who cares about improving people’s lives; someone who never gives up, is intellectually curious, and can work under uncertainty and stress. We look for someone courageous enough who will work hard and put all of their heart into making a better future a reality. We look for someone who is ready to get on a mission, a tough one.
This might be a good fit if you have
• Minimum 5 years of experience in shipping commercial grade android applications
• Thorough knowledge of Java, Kotlin, Gradle
• Deep understanding of the Android SDK, frameworks, and modules to design, develop and maintain complex mobile applications
• Passionate about writing high-quality code – reliable, readable, efficient, testable & test-driven development.
• Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
• A strong believer in constructive code & design reviews
• Work closely with the UX and UI team to create a polished, beautiful application for our users
• Solid understanding of how to use REST APIs efficiently in mobile apps
• Strong communication skills (fluent in English), and ability to work closely with a diverse team of specialists
• Creates and promotes efficiency and speed within the team by leveraging and improving existing solutions
What you’ll be responsible for
• Define & build Android applications for respiratory patients to live healthier days
• Fully own features from ideation with design and product, to working with data science to design experiments that continuously improve our products
• Implement user-facing and platform features with the latest Android technologies
• Work closely together with our Android architect to:
1. Plan and improve our Android applications architecture & quality
2. Improve our SDKs connecting our Bluetooth hardware devices to our Android applications
We create an environment where everyone can fully realize their talents, freely share knowledge and experience, and create truly important things. Happy people create revolutionary products. We believe that we are able to change the world for the better — and we, as a company, help our specialists grow and be truly happy!
Keep the balance. Work-life balance!
You will have the opportunity to choose where you want to work – at a comfortable office or at home. The choice is not limited to “where”, but also “when” — all of that because of flexible working hours. We will help you to ensure your work-life balance.
Support of health and sports activities
We care about the health of all specialists. Every employee can take advantage of the following:
We encourage you to discover a brand-new experience. GlobalLogic's offices in EMEA regions will meet you with maximum hospitality and the same corporate culture, processes, and possibilities.
Learning and professional growth!
You’ll collaborate with — and learn from — award-winning designers and engineers through customer projects, hackathons, meetups, and more. Listen to the top speakers or be one of them — it’s up to you!
Create more than just a code. Make an impact beyond the code!
In today's world, software engineers create a better future for people and the planet. GlobalLogic’s experts are contributing to this world right now in various projects: from automotive to healthcare!
Sustainability and Social Responsibility
We positively impact our communities by supporting education and the environment, and by developing women in tech, and the arts. For example, learn more about our EcoHike — a special app that makes the world cleaner! Not only our engineers, but tourists, eco-activists, and hiking fans are using it regularly to keep our nature clean and vital.
Realize all your ideas within our internal tech clubs and groups. Feel free to find new friends, boost your skills, and grow professionally!
Your personal data will be processed only for the purpose of this recruitment process. If you want us to process your personal data also for the purpose of future recruitment processes in GlobalLogic, please add the following consent to your application or send it to us in a message: “I agree to processing of my personal data by GlobalLogic for the purpose of future recruitment processes”. More details on how we process your personal data and what are your rights can be found here: https://www.globallogic.com/recruitment-privacy/. Remember that you can withdraw your consent anytime, for example by sending an e-mail at [email protected]