is a technology company on a mission to build the world’s first entertainment super app – combining videos, social, games, and shopping in a delightfully gamified, thoroughly enjoyable single app experience. We do this today for the same reason we began with on day one: to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event – because it makes people happy.
What we are doing has never been done before, and like any innovator, we face challenges on a daily basis that require top minds in their fields to break through. So, we have been steadily building an international team defined by courageous ideation, relentless drive for impact, and meritocratic leadership. We are asking you now to envision yourself as a valued member of our winning team, on this inspiring mission.
We are currently looking for an experienced and capable Mobile Engineering Manager specialized in Java development to join our team and help us optimize our processes as we continue to scale rapidly. This is a critically important position, responsible for coordinating and managing the entire software development process and overseeing the performance, scheduling, capacity, and projects of one or more teams to ensure our audacious goals are met.
So, if you're ready to make an enormous impact in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and see your fingerprints on a truly global product, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Delivering projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently;
- Managing the software development team(-s) and directs their activities so that the project is run within the constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and resources;
- Investing in the personal and professional growth of each team member and supports them in maximising their impact on the business;
- Accelerating team performance by providing thoughtful feedback, technical mentorship, and setting goals and expectations;
- Collaborating across teams to build and align strategies, translating them into plans and timelines, and facilitating partnerships between engineering teams and other teams/departments to execute them;
- Taking full ownership over a delegated Feature(s), as well as teams and resources, assigned to the Functional unit;
- Identifying key business objectives and providing solution recommendations while performing business proofs;
- Working with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given Feature and evaluating user stories from a technical perspective;
- Ensuring all delegated Features are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production);
- Setting up procedural guidelines to establish a successful delivery process;
- Ensuring that operations are cost-effective and stay within budget;
- Handling all challenges in support of company-wide projects/programs delivered in a form of efficient scoping, prioritization, and requested functionality delivery expedition;
- Mediating and resolving cross-team negotiation issues, acting as a point of escalation for stakeholders and team members;
- Orchestrating team/teams backlog and scope adjusting to strict deadlines and business goals;
- Implementing and maintaining Feature and team/teams KPIs, metrics, and operational excellence according to industry best practices;
- Acting as liaison officer between different teams to build partnerships and develop solutions.
What are we looking for?
- Upper Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- BA’s degree in science, engineering, technology architecture, database design, or software engineering;
- 8–10 years of experience in technology development, with at least five years spent on using software delivery management tools with proven experience delivering software projects effectively;
- 3+ years of excellent people management and communication skills;
- Strong ability to develop code using modern languages and frameworks, such as Java;
- Established experience with project management programs, SCRUM, and different variants of AGILE techniques are also expected, along with familiarity with code management and Continuous Integration/Delivery Implementation (CI/DI);
- Experience working with Model View Controller (MVC) design patterns, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), and relational databases;
- Strong analytical skills and data-oriented mindset;
- Understanding of feature teams structure;
- Experience with microservice architecture;
- Understanding of testing approaches.
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Warsaw;
- Health Benefit Package (LuxMed);
- 20 Paid Time Off days, Public Holidays of Poland;
- Competitive salaries;
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Drinks and fresh fruit;
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!