is a technology company on a mission to build the world’s first entertainment super app – combining videos, social, games, and shopping in a delightfully gamified, thoroughly enjoyable single app experience. We do this today for the same reason we began with on day one: to turn the magical, uplifting experience of Surprise into a daily, weekly, and monthly life event – because it makes people happy.
What we are doing has never been done before, and like any innovator, we face challenges on a daily basis that require top minds in their fields to break through. So, we have been steadily building an international team defined by courageous ideation, relentless drive for impact, and meritocratic leadership. We are asking you now to envision yourself as a valued member of our winning team, on this inspiring mission.
We are currently looking for motivated software engineers specialized in Java development to join our team as Senior Engineers and help us continue driving our tremendous growth. This is a high visibility role at a rapidly growing organization with countless opportunities for professional development and upward mobility.
- Building a unique and innovative product;
- Joining a cross-functional team comprising all the expertise necessary to design, build, deploy, operate, and support;
- Driving and participating in technical design sessions;
- Building a product according to micro-service architecture principles;
- Working with real feedback from live users worldwide to adjust and improve the product.
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- Strong knowledge of Java Core with 5+ years of experience;
- Ability to produce clean, accurate, high-quality code;
- Good knowledge of Spring Framework (Core, Boot, Web and others);
- Good knowledge of JPA;
- Practical understanding of software design patterns and data structures;
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and CI/CD concepts;
- Experience with Docker;
- Experience using relational databases and SQL;
- Experience with unit testing;
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with Cloud ecosystems: AWS, Kubernetes;
- Understanding of micro-services architecture;
- Ability to document the technical design of your solution prior to implementing it;
- Experience troubleshooting live issues in production environment.
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Warsaw;
- Health Benefit Package (LuxMed);
- 20 Paid Time Off days, Public Holidays of Poland;
- Competitive salaries;
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Drinks and fresh fruit;
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!