Our client is StubHub International (SHI) — a marketplace that provides fans a safe, transparent, and trusted environment to buy and sell tickets for sport and music events all over the world. It allows fans with tickets they can no longer use to recoup part of the money they’ve spent and fans that didn’t have the chance to buy tickets when the on-sale, to access them at any time.
StubHub’s goal is to be the most trusted ticketing marketplace that connects fans and inspires them to enjoy life through live events, providing them a safe environment to buy and sell tickets through fair practices and transparency, while giving them the best choice and value. Backed by award-winning customer care, StubHub’s FanProtect™ Guarantee means every ticket is guaranteed valid or customers receive a replacement ticket of equal or better value, or their money back.
We are currently looking for a skilled Java Technical Lead to join the StubHub project. You will be part of the core team reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, and working with other stakeholders and engineers to create new technical solutions and efficiently solve problems using industry best practices.
- Leading technical strategy, guiding software architecture decisions, conducting code reviews.
- Performing requirement analyses and contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle, from planning to testing and deployment.
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency solutions for mission-critical systems.
- Preparing and producing releases of software components.
- Participating in work and load planning between different development teams.
- Troubleshooting complicated application issues or bugs, diagnosing problems, and implementing solutions.
- Identifying risk and conducting mitigation action planning.
- Guidance and mentoring for other developers and team members.
- Collaborating closely with Head of Engineering, developers, and other stakeholders.
- Optimizing the performance of the systems.
- Coordinating with system infrastructure design teams.
- A minimum of 8 years of practical experience with Java development, preferably with extensive use of frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a Technical Lead or similar leadership role in a development team.
- A solid understanding and experience implementing microservices architecture and designing RESTful APIs for highly available and scalable systems.
- Strong knowledge and skills in SQL, with the ability to proficiently work with both relational and non-relational databases.
- Hands-on experience using Docker and Kubernetes, with a strong understanding of continuous integration and deployment technologies.
- Proficiency in using code versioning tools, particularly Git.
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, and multi-threading techniques.
- Practical experience working with Google Cloud Platform for deploying and managing applications.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage and guide a team of developers. This includes mentorship, performing code reviews, and effectively planning and assigning tasks based on each developer's skills and abilities.
- Strong problem-solving abilities coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive attitude, with the readiness to prevent and control situations rather than just responding to them.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills, capable of effectively conveying technical ideas and solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a constant willingness to learn and improve every day.
Would be a plus:
- Practical experience with Oracle databases, OpenResty, Kotlin, and Node.js.
- Competitive Compensation Package: Enjoy a competitive compensation package, ensuring you're well-rewarded for your contribution.
- Meaningful Projects: Projects that leverage modern technologies, allowing to work on up-to-date innovation.
- Positive Environment: We believe in collaboration, transparency and a supportive workspace where everyone's contribution matters.
- Results-Driven Approach: We've minimized bureaucracy and micromanagement to let you focus on what you do best.
- Work-life balance. Flexible schedules and extended paid vacations are essential to stay refreshed and productive in the long run.
- Remote Opportunities: Operate from any part of the world you like.
- Language Development: Benefit from in-house English courses and interactions with clients and teammates, enhancing seamless global communication.
- Engaging Team Activities: Be a part of various team-building activities and corporate events that boost morale, help bond with the team, and create sweet memories.
Why Us: Our Values, Your Benefits.
- Join our team, spread across 17 countries, and enjoy the benefits of working in a global company. Our multicultural setup promotes appreciation, respect, creating a rich and rewarding work environment.
- Our core values are Collaboration, Accountability, Transparency, and Mastery. These principles guide us and inspire our endeavors every day.
- Location is not a barrier when it comes to providing you with all the necessary equipment to perform your job effectively. Rest assured that you will have everything you need, regardless of where you are located.
- We care about giving back. By joining us, you'll be part of a community that contributes to charity and positively impacts others.
Apply for this job