If you join our team, you’ll be recreating a system that helps run all medical research. The platform uses the power of a slashing stack and is designed according to the tenets of event-driven architecture (Kubernetes, Kafka, AWS, Microservices).
Members of the team are all senior-level and above, so everyone is used to working together effectively and is always up for a good time during daily standups.
Clients who are both tech-savvy and courteous are a plus. They require talented engineers to assist them in delivering a great life-changing product on time.
This Senior Test Automation Engineer role will help us design and execute our modern test automation framework and strategy. If you have a passion for software engineering, test automation, and integrated testing at scale, this position is for you! It will be a critical role in MasterControl's transition away from monolithic to lean distributed architectures. The Automation Engineer also works as a mentor, influencer, and hands-on contributor. They deliver value by technically strengthening his/her team and owning value delivery.
- Define, create, and evangelize testing standards and processes.
- Build testing framework for at-scale SaaS testing.
- Provide guidelines for test strategy and tool selection.
- Incorporate robust test feedback reporting (coverage, results, change, errors) from the ground-up.
- Communicate test results to applicable technical and non-technical parties.
- Work with cross-functional groups to drive resolution of test issues.
- Work with pipeline, architecture, and teams to implement and improve on testing framework.
- Contribute to the culture of accountability and fun found in our Engineering organization.
- Participate as an evangelist in the organization for newer methodologies, tools and frameworks as required.
- Manage cross-functional priorities of high complexity.
- Support the integration of new products and services, regulatory requirements, tools, technologies and markets into existing operations.
- Ensure available technology is fully leveraged.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of software testing experience.
- Playwright, Gatling
- knowledge of microservice pattern architecture and Spring.
- CI/CD [Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery] tools and experience.
- Familiarity with cloud-native platforms (especially AWS).
- Experience with contract-driven development and related tools and frameworks.
- Passion for testing, test mindset, automation, performance at scale.
- Experience with modern test frameworks and test/deployment orchestration.
- Experience with feature flag and various deployment methodologies: Green/Blue, A/B, red/black.
- Working experience with Agile/Scrum and Jira/Confluence.
- Familiarity and passion for industry standards and best practices around DevOps, DevSecOps and CI/CD.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, trust-building, conflict-resolution, and writing skills.
- Passionate about creatively solving business problems.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Meet multiple, challenging deadlines while communicating expectations clearly.