GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Linux Engineer to join our engineering team.
The American multinational technology company that designs, manufactures, and sells networking equipment. It’s the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected.
As part of our team, you’ll be involved in various Linux Kernel development (various areas like drivers, networking, memory, and process management, architecture-specific), new hardware bring-up, migration to new Linux kernel and OpenEmbedded versions, new features development, upstreaming features and patches to the community, customer internal teams support. Our team works closely with the community, and everyone contributes there.
Must have requirements:
- Overall 5+ years of Linux development experience
- Deep understanding of Linux internals knowledge
- Experience with one or more of ARM/x86/PPC/MIPS architecture(s)
- Experience in Userspace low-level debug
- Git or any large source code management experience
Nice to have:
- Contribution to various open-source projects will be a plus
- Experience with Yocto or OpenEmbedded to build the framework
- Working with Jenkins and a continuous integration model will be a plus
- Understanding of Open Source LMBENCH, LTP, and any other tools will be Plus
- Develop Linux system-level patches for customer’s internal distro based on OpenEmbedded/Yocto
- New hardware bring up (ARM64, x86 platforms)
- Support and migration of an internal Linux distro to new versions of OpenEmbedded
- Vendor-specific features development and upstreaming
- Close interaction with opensource community
- Resolving issues detected by the QA team
What Do We Offer?
We create an environment where everyone can fully realize their talents, freely share knowledge and experience, and create truly important things. Happy people create revolutionary products. We believe that we are able to change the world for the better — and we, as a company, help our specialists grow and be truly happy!
Keep the balance. Work-life balance!
You will have the opportunity to choose where you want to work – at a comfortable office or at home. The choice is not limited to “where”, but also “when” - all of that because of flexible working hours. We will help you to ensure your work-life balance.
Support of health and sports activities
We care about the health of all specialists. Every employee can take advantage of the following:
Private medical care – your well-being is crucial to us. You can choose one of many options, including the one which takes care of your loved ones.
Multikafeteria platform – this feature allows you to use sports facilities cards, attend cultural events or buy sports equipment or books. You choose from a vast variety of possibilities.
Life and travel insurance – our partners provide our consultants with a special group life insurance package.
We encourage you to discover a brand-new experience. GlobalLogic's offices in EMEA regions will meet you with maximum hospitality and the same corporate culture, processes, and possibilities.
Learning and professional growth!
You’ll collaborate with — and learn from — award-winning designers and engineers through customer projects, hackathons, meetups, and more. Listen to the top speakers or be one of them — it’s up to you!
Create more than just a code. Make an impact beyond the code!
In today's world, software engineers create a better future for people and the planet. GlobalLogic’s experts are contributing to this world right now in various projects: from automotive to healthcare!
Sustainability and Social Responsibility
We positively impact our communities by supporting education and the environment, and by developing women in tech, and the arts. For example, learn more about our EcoHike
— a special app that makes the world cleaner! Not only our engineers, but tourists, eco-activists, and hiking fans are using it regularly to keep our nature clean and vital.
Realize all your ideas within our internal tech clubs and groups. Feel free to find new friends, boost your skills, and grow professionally!