Corva is the emerging leader in real-time drilling data and analytics. We are the emerging leader in real-time data and analytics for the oil & gas industry. The world’s biggest companies rely on our platform every minute of the day to support their critical operations. We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our Research & Development team and contribute to our 24/7 operations and strategic direction. Our team strives to exceed our customers’ expectations with every interaction.
The R&D BE developer is responsible for writing efficient BE apps and maintaining them. The role requires that the developer help the R&D team with their expertise in helping the team to unblock the issues regarding the software development. The developer needs to be a team-player who can provide feedback to the other team member’s code and recommend on best practices for better software development. The R&D BE developer will work on Agile software teams to develop robust solutions.
• Develop effective and efficient backend apps in Python (and in some cases in Java), test on local and various development environments, and make sure the apps run efficiently on the cloud.
• Review the other team members’ code and provide constructive feedback to ensure code quality and maintainability.
• Identify and implement improvements to the backend infrastructure to optimize performance, scalability and reliability.
• Understand the issues that the R&D team is facing and find solutions by coordinating with members of other teams and departments.
• Collaborate with R&D team on product development and product support.
• Collaborate with the Agile software development team, product management and other software developers to deliver high-quality software.
• Be up to date on the recent best practices in software development and guide the team on their implementation.
• Write and maintain technical documentation related to backend systems, applications, guidelines, and best practices.
• Be a great teammate who is supportive and willing to help others.
• Always put accuracy first while balancing Minimum Viable Product needs with speed of development.
• Excel at iterating fast during code development.
• Document work and complete written reports on time and with high quality.
• Meet or exceed timeframes and deadlines; ensure that all priorities have clear milestones and deadlines before beginning project.
• When on PTO ensure a backup plan is in place for tasks and responsibilities.
• Other duties as required.
• Strong proficiency and experience in Python.
• 3+ years of experience in backend development.
• Proven ability to work effectively with teams.
• Knowledge and experience of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, version control management (git), and testing frameworks.
• Knowledge and experience using tools like redis, rollbar and GitHub workflows (for CICD).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• Excellent working knowledge in cloud services, preferably AWS.
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis and devise logical, efficient solutions.
• Critical thinking ability to understand scope and requirement and account for edge cases.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
As a plus
• Basic knowledge of drilling or completions operations.
• Knowledge of data science and machine learning.
• Knowledge and experience of java app development.
• Product company with a long-term vision.
• High-talented team.
• Project exposure and ownership that impacts our users, product, and business.
• Sport compensation.
• 24 days PTO, paid sick leaves.
• B2B contract with US-based company.