Grammarly lays off 20% of staff due to restructuring
Grammarly announced a business restructuring to advance focus on the AI-enabled workplace of the future. As part of this restructuring, company lays off approximately 230 members of our global team.
This decision supports Grammarly’s vision of bringing responsible AI writing assistance to people and workplaces everywhere. Millions of people and thousands of businesses use Grammarly to achieve more through better writing. People at 96% of the Fortune 500 already rely on Grammarly, with organizations saving an average of 19 working days per employee annually in lost productivity. We remain focused on helping people and companies communicate more effectively.
Here is just some of the support Grammarly are providing to impacted team members globally:
- A minimum of 3 months’ base pay; more for team members with longer tenures
- Health insurance benefits as applicable to team member location, including the option for 6 months of health insurance continuation for US-based team members
- Providing stipends or access to services for individualized career coaching, resume review, and other transition services
- Launching a public-facing “available talent” list on which departing team members can opt to have their names, specialties, and key results shared with potential future employers
- Departing team members can keep their Grammarly-issued laptops for personal use